Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Forgotten Gifts! O-P-I Nail Lacquer & NOTD: Schnapps out of it! & Brisbane Bronze

I don't know how, but I managed to forget eight gifts I received yesterday! I was so excited for them too..
(I had put them away for safe keeping)
My O-P-I nail lacquers!
(Left to Right) Brisbane Bronze, Schnapps out of it!, Malaga Wine, (no name), Royal Rajah Ruby, Pink Flamenco, Dim Sum Plum, The Living Daylights

It's a shame one of them does not have a name, because it is the most gorgeous deep purple burgundy with silver through out it..

I painted my nails with two colors from the ones I received yesterday and what better way to use a Christmas gift than creating a beautiful nail of the day to share with others!

First I washed my hands to remove anything that could be on my nails..
Then I used my cuticle and nail strengthening oil by Body Esthetique and rubbed that onto my nails and into my cuticles.
I then used my Sensaria Tender Touch cuticle treatment creme and massaged that onto my cuticles as well.
(this was just because my cuticles have been pretty damaged lately)
I gently wiped my nails to remove any excess oil and such from those products and then put on a base coat with my Rimmel London Base Coat Top Coat. (which I love)
 After the base coat dried, I put on one coat of Schnapps out of it! by O-P-I on every nail.
I let the first coat dry, and then applied a second coat, except for on my ring fingers.
After the second coat dried, I applied one coat of Brisbane Bronze on my ring fingers.
I love how O-P-I has thick brushes for applying nail lacquer, because it makes covering the entire nail so much easier. 
After the coat of Brisbane Bronze dried, I applied a top coat with my Rimmel London Base Coat Top Coat..
And done!




I also cleaned up the sides of my nails a little with a Q-Tip by removing the cotton and simply dipping the stick in nail polish remover and rubbing it where I had nail polish on my skin.

I hope you enjoyed my nail look and the colors I used!
xoxo

Do you follow similar steps? Do you always use a base and top coat?

No comments:

Post a Comment