Sunday, March 24, 2013

Wet n Wild Coloricon Brow & Eye Liner - Review

To me, my brows are the most important part of any look when I wear makeup.
Even when I'm barely wearing any makeup, I almost always fill in my brows.
So when my Revlon brow pencil dried out, I was in need of a better option.
At $0.99, the Wet n Wild brow & eye liner pencils seemed like good products to try out.





The only options I saw were the colors dark brown and taupe, no medium, so I just chose to get them both.






At first I was sure that the taupe would be too green and just strange to use for my brows.
I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong.
It blends in nicely with my eyebrows, and going with a lighter color than my brows prevents them from looking like caterpillars and stealing all the attention from the rest of my face.
The dark brown is way too dark.

Since the dark brown was too dark for my brows, I figured I would use it as an eyeliner.
It didn't work too well.
I tried putting it under my lower lash line and it ended up smudging completely. 
Not pretty.

So for eyeliner, these pencils were not good, but for my brows, I like them.
They have a waxy texture and apply smoothly and easily.
The only problem is that the product can transfer.
Since it is such a waxy texture, it sits on my brows and doesn't dry or set like other pencils do.
To fix this problem, I simply use a brow gel afterwards and comb it through my brows, which removes the excess product and prevents it from transferring, and of course my brows from budging.


The price and amount of product is definitely great, and it'll have work for now!
xoxo
 
 Do you have a favorite brow pencil?

No comments:

Post a Comment