Sunday, June 22, 2014

Updated Skincare Routine : Coconut Oil

Skincare...
Everyone has a different routine, and a lot of the time they involve several products.
Last time I posted about my skincare routine, it involved seven different products.
Now? I only use two.

The product that has replaced all the others?
Coconut oil.
 
 
 
 

It usually sounds a little bazaar to people when they first hear that I use coconut oil on my face.
"I use that to cook..."
I use it to cook as well, but that's the great thing about coconut oil; it has many uses.
 
 
 
 
 
I still wash my face with the Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Refreshing Cleansing Gel.
However, now rather than using a toner and two or three different moisturizers, I just use coconut oil.
Just like maracuja oil or argan oil, coconut oil is great for the skin.

 
Night: I take my Avalon Organics face wash and clean my face. It takes off my makeup, and even if I didn't have makeup on, it is gentle and not overly drying on my bare skin.
Then I'll take a nickel size amount of coconut oil, rub it between my fingers, and glide it over my face and down my neck.
Morning: I usually don't wash my face in the morning anymore. I rinse my skin with water, then use only a dime size amount of coconut oil and focus more on the center of my face where it's the driest.
 
 

 
Having a big jar of coconut oil on my desk is kind of an eyesore.
To make it easier to store, I take a big spoonful out and fill a tiny container.
That way, enough for my skincare is separated from what I use to cook.
The container usually lasts me a month; the jar, depends.
(It's an old and cleaned out L'Oreal Dream Matte mousse foundation container)
 

The coconut oil is fantastic for skin, but also for my under eyes, eyebrows and eyelashes.
Hydrating Eye Cream: I simply glide a tiny bit of the oil under my eyes, and what ever is left I put on the inner corners and lids. I used to be so bothered by the dryness under my eyes when applying concealer, but now it goes on smoothly and no longer looks dry or cakey.
Eyebrows: To keep my brow hairs moisturized and promote fullness, I take a tiny drop of the coconut oil and run it over my brows, massage it in a little, and then fix them with a spooly.
Eyelashes: Typically, I use what ever oil is left on my fingers to put on my eyelashes. I gently go over the front and back of my lashes and I'm done.

 
Lately, when I need to exfoliate, I have been using the Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask.
It makes my skin baby soft and clear after a long week.


 
 
Using coconut oil has made such a difference in how my skin feels and looks.
It hydrates my skin and due to its antibacterial properties, it doesn't break me out, and I actually cannot remember the last time I have had a pimple.
I get little blemishes, but not the honkers I used to get.
For those probably wondering,
I have combination skin, but using oil does not make it worse.
My skin needs the hydration that oil provides it.
It may not be for everyone, but I feel my skin has 100% benefited from using coconut oil.

What's better than a natural, one ingredient moisturizer?

xoxo

Do you use an oil somewhere in your beauty routine?


No comments:

Post a Comment