Monday, January 20, 2014

Drugstore Haul - Makeup, Nail Polish, Perfume..

It's always hard to refuse new products in the drugstore.
I can manage to limit myself, but that's as much as I can do.
Slowly but surely, the new products make their way into my collection.
 
 

Let's start with the product that I was most excited to get my hands on.
Covergirl truMagic The Sunkisser
For the longest time, I've been contemplating purchasing the Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel.
It was either that or the Bourjois Bronzing Primer.
I couldn't get my hands on the Bourjois, so I put both to the back of my mind.
The reason I wanted them- what they both have in common- they are both cream bronzers.
I prefer cream products over powder products, because they feel nicer on my skin.
This product goes on creamy and sets with a powder finish. So far I like it..
I'll have to do a full review later on.




To apply the cream bronzer, I figured I needed a new makeup brush.
A stippling brush seemed like the right option to prevent applying the product too heavily.
Though the brand ELF's prices are cheap, the quality of some of their items don't reflect the cost.
So I chose to purchase the ELF Small Stipple Brush.
It works great for applying my tinted moisturizer and the Covergirl cream bronzer.
It'll work great for any of my cream products.




The new products in the drugstore right now that I'm excited to buy more of have to be the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms.
Lip products are my absolute favorite and my collection is pretty out of control.
These balms are too great to pass up, and more shades are definitely joining my collection soon!
The two colors I chose to buy first were "Standout" and "Shameless".
I love deeper shades of red and purple on my fair skin.
I've tried these two shades out and you can guarantee a review is on it's way.







Another new lip product in the drugstore everyone is talking about is the new Maybelline nude lipstick line, the Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs.
I love my bold lips, but finding great nudes is a must, in my opinion. For those occasions where makeup should be, or you want it to be, a little more toned down, nude lipstick is great.
The whole range is nice, and has 10 different shades for lips of all colors.
The color I chose was "Nude Lust".






This product isn't new, but I love the entire line of Revlon Colorburst Lipglosses.
I thought the gloss was clear when I initially saw it on the rack, but when I picked it up I realized there is micro glitter in it. The colors seem to be purple, blue, and/or pink.
It's subtle, and you can only catch it when the light hits it at a certain angle.
My favorite color in this range is "Pink Ice", so I'll have to try this one out to see how I like it.
This shade is "Crystal Water".





 
I had no interest in buying a new concealer, but when I saw "Clearance $3.95" on the Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Concealer on the drugstore rack, I thought, "Why not?"
I've worn it once and can say that I like it for no makeup, makeup days.
It's creamy and covers my dark circles. It stayed put for the one time I wore it and, my favorite thing about it, gave my skin a little glow. The glow makes it an under eye concealer, only, for me.
I like it so far, but I'll try it out longer and see how it holds up.
The shade I have is "Light".
 
 

 
 
Thank you Ipsy, for introducing me to the Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter.
Ever since I first used it, I've been repurchasing it whenever I run out.  The body butter makes my skin feel amazing. The scent however.. I can honestly say it is my number 1 favorite scent for spring/summer.
I've always looked at the perfume when I go to buy the body butter, so this time I caved in and bought it.
It smells just as amazing and delicious as the body butter.
If you enjoy citrus scents, give this a whiff!
Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Perfume Roll-On
I love it!
 


 
 
I am beyond ready for spring and summer..
I can't wait for bright colors, pastels, sunshine, long days, beach days, flowers..
The excitement for the next season is affecting my purchases.
I had a $0.50 off coupon at CVS, so I looked for the least expensive nail polish. With my Seche Vite top coat, any nail polish works.
So I picked up NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel in the shade "Tudor City Teal".
I haven't tried it out yet, but I can't wait for the warm weather so I can!
 


 
 
That's all that I've picked up recently at the drugstore.
I can't wait for the spring/summer releases.. Even though the new winter products were practically just released, I'm way too eager for the next season.
Are you?
xoxo
 
Which season is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment