Thursday, January 23, 2014

Updated Skin Care Routine & Products

I used to love buying foundations and bb creams; the dewy finishes were my favorite..
Now? I hardly give them a second look when browsing the makeup isles.

Having healthy, naturally glowing skin means basically everything to me.
I want to be able to go out without any makeup, and feel radiant and beautiful in my bare skin-
and I can.
How?
Taking care of it.




My skin went through a rough period this year and I wasn't feeling good about it.
I was using products that just didn't work for me.
Something needed to change..
I needed to try something new in order to get back the natural glow and clear complexion I once had.




First I changed the face wash I was using.
I was previously using a Burt's Bees acne face wash. It wasn't bad, but wasn't good enough.
So I changed to Avalon Organics' Vitamin C Renewal Refreshing Cleansing Gel.
It felt better.
My skin felt cleaner than it did with the other cleanser and refreshed.




My moisturizer at the time by Alba Botanica was nice, but I'm not sure if it was behind my breakouts or not.
I used it until it ran out and then, because my breakouts were just too much for me, I went back to a trustworthy, oldie but goodie product.
Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer Oil-Free

Those two products together helped my skin clear up.
I washed my face every morning and every night.

The cold weather and seasons were also giving my skin a hard time though.
During the spring and summer, I can see the Clean & Clear moisturizer being enough. During this cold weather, however, I need a little more, especially if I want my skin to "glow".

I've heard others rave about the entire Avalon Organics Vitamin C skincare line, so I took the risk and bought most of it.
I'm glad I did.




I added the Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Vitality Facial Serum and the Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal, Renewal Cream.




Other products in my routine that are staples are: Jason Age Renewal Vitamin E Moisturizing Crème, Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly, and Burt's Bees Acne Solutions Maximum Strength Spot Treatment Cream.
The Jason moisturizer is rich and gives me the glow I want easily.
The Burt's Bees eye cream keeps the skin around my eyes smooth and moisturized, and since I've started using it, I notice fewer lines and no more bags under my eyes.
The Burt's Bees spot treatment is a staple for when I have a blemish that needs drying out.


My Daily Routine





Morning

 Wash Face, Neck, and Décolleté with Avalon Organics' Vitamin C Renewal Refreshing Cleansing Gel 
Moisturize Face, Neck, and Décolleté with Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer Oil-Free and Jason Age Renewal Vitamin E Moisturizing Crème
*since the Jason moisturizer is rich, I lightly pat it on my face to control how much I apply





Evening

Wash Face, Neck, and Décolleté with Avalon Organics' Vitamin C Renewal Refreshing Cleansing Gel
Apply Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly under eyes in a light tapping motion
Apply Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Vitality Facial Serum to face
Moisturize Face, Neck, and Décolleté with Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal, Renewal Cream

If needed, if I have a blemish, or two, or more.., I'll use the Burt's Bees Acne Solutions Maximum Strength Spot Treatment Cream by putting it on a Q-tip and applying it on the blemishes.
I put on a fair amount on each blemish, so that you can see the product on my skin, rather than applying a sheer amount. It ends up drying and becoming tacky, so then I'm able to go to sleep while it works its magic.

This routine has made my skin clearer and have the glow that I love!

If you're looking to try new products for your skin, I would recommend any of these products.
What works for one might not work for another though,
but trying new products can be an important step to getting the skin you want!
xoxo

Have you tried the Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal line?


No comments:

Post a Comment