Friday, December 28, 2012

Lunch at a Castle & Outfit of the Day: Faux Fur, Riding Boots

Christmas has passed, and the new year is coming. Family is saying their goodbyes and "see you next time"s.
My aunt and uncle are getting ready to leave today, and yesterday I went to have lunch with them and go back to where they were staying.
Yes, that's a castle.. Oheka Castle. A beautiful castle built by Otto Hermann Kahn almost a century ago. (His image is the inspiration for the monopoly man!)
Stepping into this magnificent castle felt like stepping into a film taking place in the Victorian era. (my favorite era)

(excuse my poor phone camera quality) 
If I could own my own castle and wear Victorian dresses, I would. However, for now, I'll be sticking to more modern clothing.
Such as, my outfit I wore yesterday:
 Vest: Michael Kors / Top: Target / Skinny Jeans: Michael Kors / Riding boots: Urban Outfitters / Bag: Calvin Klein
 Watch: Anne Klein / Earrings: gift / Necklace: Italy (I don't remember the store)
Close ups:


*Some friendly advice.. If you're out shopping and see something you really love.. Treat yourself, if you're able. A few months ago I went shopping for a faux fur item, and came home with the vest above and the bag and the watch. I will have those for years, because they are classic, staple wardrobe items. That came into play before I let myself buy them as well as simply treating myself.
So, treat yourself, but think it through and don't impulse buy! ;)
  
Hope you enjoyed my outfit of the day!
xoxo

Have you ever really treated yourself to something? What are your most favorite items in your wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment