Sunday, December 30, 2012

Skin Care Routine: Cleansing & Moisturizing - Face

For me, cleansing and moisturizing my face is a daily routine, especially moisturizing in the winter.
When I was younger I had mild acne, and I still get little break outs once in a while, like most people do.
To keep the break outs at bay and keep my skin healthy, I use these products:

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash cream cleanser is the cleanser I use every day.
For a good exfoliation, I reach for my Clean&Clear morning burst facial scrub.
For a more gentle exfoliation, I reach for my Olay Professional ProX exfoliating renewal cleanse.
I combine my exfoliating cleansers with my Neutrogena cleanser. 
*Also, I only exfoliate at night or when I know I wont be putting makeup on that day, to let my skin repair its lost layers.




 For removing makeup and cleansing my face, I'll go for my Olay 2-in-1 daily facial cloths
These need to be wet and then they lather.

Lately, however, I've been reaching for wipes to quickly remove makeup.
 These CVS brand cleansing & makeup remover towelettes are my go to remover for when I've had a long day and just want to remove and go right to sleep.
"Deep cleans & removes impurities with chamomile, vitamin e, and triple tea antioxidant complex."
They say you do not have to rinse after wiping your face, but I prefer to rinse anyway.

  Now for keeping pretty!
My everyday moisturizer is Olay complete with SPF 15. 
*Sunscreen is my best friend.
After I cleanse my face:
Olay complete all day moisturizer with SPF 15
Arbonne Intelligence daily eye cream (in that little clear container)
 Mary Kay oil-free hydrating gel: I focus on the dry parts of my face, then smooth out
  DermaLife Anti-Aging Firming Serum: top of my forehead and between my eyebrows (I tend to squint and lift my eyebrows a lot, which creates lines)
Mary Kay Indulge Soothing Eye Gel: underneath my eyes where I can get bags
Mary Kay extra emollient night cream: (feels like Vaseline) I focus on the dry parts of my skin and smooth out as well

This winter, the Mary Kay extra emollient night cream has been a savior for my nose, which I am constantly blowing.. 

So now you know my skin care routine!  
 xoxo 

Are there any products you swear by? Night creams you love? Face cleansers you would repurchase? Serums you've seen positive results from? 

No comments:

Post a Comment