Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag - March! Reviews & Opinions

I'm still rolling with the Ipsy glam bags.
This is my third month being subscribed, and I'm still interested in seeing what products I will receive in the future.

This months bag is actually cute.
I hadn't bothered including the last two bags in the photos for their product reviews, but this bag is too cute to exclude.


Isn't it just adorable?
It will definitely be my go-to makeup bag for the warmer weather, especially for when I go to the beach.


The products in this months bag aren't half bad either.


GlamRX Mini Freestyle Palette
Yaby Eyeshadow : Seashell, Azalea Petal
Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist
LA Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes


GlamRX Mini Freestyle Palette

This little palette flips open and is magnetic on the inside, so it can hold metal makeup pans or anything you want to just store inside of it.
It's cute, compact, and handy to bring around when you don't want your makeup to take up too much room in your bag.




The GlamRX palette is great for holding these eyeshadow pans from Yaby.


Yaby Eyeshadow : Seashell, Azalea Petal

Seashell is a soft cream color with a slight hint of pink. It has a pearl finish, and looks pretty as a base color on the lid.
Azalea Petal is also a soft color. It's a light cranberry shade with a satin finish; it's not matte but not too reflective either.
They work great together, with Seashell on the lid and Azalea Petal in the crease.
They do not have the best pigmentation. A primer or base is needed to get them to show up better.



These swatches were taken using NYX HD eye shadow base underneath to get the color to show up more.


Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist

Lately, my curiosity about organic and natural beauty products has been really growing.
So, it was a pleasant surprise to get this product "made with certified organic ingredients".
It is a hydrating mist that claims to tone and refresh.
I don't feel any more hydration using it and I haven't seen a big difference in the tone of my skin.
It does feel refreshing to mist on a clean face, and it has a nice fresh floral scent.
It's a true floral scent, not sweet or fake, but like an actual flower.


LA Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes

At first I was interested in this product, because I tend to be a little lazy sometimes with removing my makeup, and I like to just reach for makeup wipes rather than lean over my bathroom sink and scrub off my makeup with suds and water.
However, the ingredients list in these wipes made me take a step back.
"Methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben"
I don't think I've ever seen a product with so many ingredients that contain the word "paraben" in it.
Parabens are used to preserve products and have been linked to cancer, and I'd rather be safe than sorry by avoiding them.
So, I've been avoiding using these and might just end up throwing them out.
 However, they do remove makeup, they sort of smudge it around at first, but remove it after.
Still not worth the use.


That's all from this months bag!
I'm not blown away, but still not too let down to unsubscribe.
xoxo
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Melanie! I was reading your post and when I got to the part where you mention the ingredients that end with the word "paraben", I quickly ran to where I keep my skin products and started reading the ingredients list. I use Elizabeth Grant's products. I did not see any paraben and I'm so relieved because these products are expensive. I don't use her cleansing cream, however, I use something called Clean FX. I verified and there is no paraben in it either. Again, I was very relieved as I love this product. I get it at the pharmacy in their cosmetics department. I don't know if you're familiar with Clean FX. It's to remove eye and face makeup and it's a very gentle product. There is a pump and it comes out in a white foam. It does not irritate the eyes and is very gentle on the skin. That is a cute little case you received with your products. I enjoyed reading your article. You're a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lucille!
      I'm glad they do not have parabens in them. That Clean FX cleanser sounds like a good product too! Thank you for sharing that. :)
      And thank you for reading!
      xoxo

      Delete