Thursday, January 24, 2013

NYX Matte Lipstick Swatches & Review

I cannot hide it, I've become lip product crazy this month..
Maybe not crazy, but more than half of what I've bought recently are lip products.
One lip product in particular that has gotten my attention is the NYX Matte Lipstick.
I hardly ever see NYX when I go out shopping, so my recent Ulta haul was the first time I got my hands on more NYX products.
I had tried out two NYX Matte Lipsticks from Ulta about a week before my last purchase and I really, really like them!
So, of course, I had to buy more.


They have great pigment, a smooth consistency, and cost so little, as most NYX products do.
The colors I have are:
Indie Flick, Sierra, Angel, Merlot, Strawberry Daquiri



Indie Flick is a bright red orange, almost neon. It's such a fun color and perfect for summer!
Sierra is a burnt orange, a great color for fall and this winter.
Angel is a really gorgeous pink. I usually stay away from pinks, but this color isn't too bright or barbie-esk. It's really nice for everyday wear.
Merlot is a burgundy color, not as deep as most, but great for a night out.
Strawberry Daquiri is a deep coral. It's almost like Sierra, but less brown and more pink.


I think I've hit my maximum for these lipsticks, but they were a great purchase!
They go on smooth, but have a matte finish. They stay on for a decent amount of hours. Their pigment is fantastic.
The only part I do not like about these lipsticks, is their packaging.
The tubes are not as secure as they should be. They pop right on and off.
They also twist up way too easily, which can lead to what happened to my Strawberry Daquiri..
The tip hits the top of the tube, and it squishes,
but as long as you are careful with these lipsticks, they're a great product!
The price is also great, being only $5.99 at Ulta.
xoxo

Which do you prefer, a lipstick with a matte finish or a glossy finish?

No comments:

Post a Comment