Monday, January 7, 2013

Ulta Haul - Brushes, Face Palette, Mascaras

For a while now, I've needed new brushes. 
I've been looking for good foundation brushes and eye brushes. While searching and comparing, two brush sets stuck out in particular to me and I went ahead and bought them over at the Ulta near me.
The Real Technique brushes! 
The Starter Kit and the Core Collection.
Since I was there, I thought I would check out the the Kardashian's new makeup line, Khroma, as well.


And as I was checking out I noticed a mini Benefit They're Real mascara. I practically snatched it off the rack it was on. I've seen so many rave reviews about it, it was about time I tried it out for myself.

Real Techniques Starter Set & Core Collection
I am so glad that I bought these brushes.
They feel so soft on my skin, the bristles do not fall out, and they apply makeup beautifully. The handles are a bit bulky, which I am not used to, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Khroma Khloe Kardazzle Face Palette & Stroke of Midnight Faux Lash Look Extra Volume Mascara
I could not resist trying the palette out after seeing a review on Fleur De Force's blog.
The eyeshadow colors are nice and so is the two blushes and highlight. The pigment is pretty good in all of them as well.
As for the mascara, the wand bristles are stiffer than most I've used before. I don't know if the bristles made a difference, but the mascara did lengthen and separate my lashes.

Benefit They're Real Mascara
I mean... What can I say that everyone else hasn't already? It definitely lengthened and it definitely added volume! The wand design is helpful for even application and has a round tip with bristles to get the lashes in the corners as well.

Khloe's Palette

Stroke of Midnight Mascara

They're Real Mascara

To finish off this post, I'll share with you my Day 7 of Everyday Happy.

Day 7: Think first
"Think before you act and say or do the right thing at the right time. Often the idea of what the right thing is comes to you too late. Focus on the moment and ask yourself what would be a positive action right now... Light up your own and others' lives by saying something kind, useful or inspiring."
"If you're the kind of person who tends to speak first and think later, try this out: whenever you feel an impulse to speak out, count to ten before opening your mouth."

Thinking first before acting or reacting is something everyone should practice.
Regretting something after doing it due to not thinking it through beforehand can be an aching feeling.
It applies to conversation and shopping as well!
xoxo

What are your favorite makeup brushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment