Sunday, January 20, 2013

My Ipsy Glam Bag! Monthly Beauty Subscription

It's finally here!
I actually received my Ipsy Glam bag on the 15th of this month, but my post about it is finally here!
I've been testing out the products to see how I feel about them.

First, Ipsy is a beauty "community" which is 100% free to join, but the Glam Bag is a $10 a month, or $110 a year subscription.
The bag is filled with four to five beauty products, some sample size and some full size.



This month was the "Super Stars" bag, which contained:
Pacifica: Tuscan Blood Orange Mini Body Butter
Sexy Hair: Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray
Nailtini: Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer
Josie Maran: 100% Pure Argan Oil
Soho: Concealer Brush

The bag is fine for travel, but it's nothing special. However, it's what is inside that matters!

Pacific Body Butter
The Pacifica body butter is my favorite product from this months bag. It smells sooo yummy.
"Sparkling, juicy blood orange with notes of red raspberry and spicy sweet Italian mandarins. The scent of the Mediterranean beach."
It moisturizes well, does not leave a greasy feel, smells delicious, and is 100% vegan and cruelty free.

Sexy Hair Volumizing Hairspray
I hardly ever reach for hairspray, 
but it is always nice to have just in case I ever need to tame my fly aways.
I don't believe it volumizes though and some of my fly aways manage to "fly away" after a little bit, but for the most part are held down.
It doesn't make my hair too hard or crunchy, and when combed through later it doesn't flake.
It smells nice, not the typical strong hairspray scent that makes me run out of the bathroom afterwards.
It actually smells like lilacs.. A sweet floral smell, which is always a plus in my books!

Nailtini Nail Lacquer
Every girl needs a red nail polish.
"Bloody Mary" is the name of this one by Nailtini. (Such a cute name!)
I'm actually pleased with this product. I applied three coats on Wednesday, the 16th, and it has not chipped yet, which is fantastic!
It has a gorgeous red color, not too bright, not too deep. A true red.
The only issue with me is how the polish dries.
It takes a few minutes to dry, but even then it has a gel like texture which can easily be distorted if put pressure on. So it takes a while to really dry.


Josie Maran Argan Oil
As most who received this bag, I was very happy receiving this product.
Argan oil is great for the skin, the hair, and even the nails. Use it as a moisturizer, cuticle oil, or a conditioner for dry ends.
It really helps my skin in the winter when it can be really dry and dehydrated. I use it on my face on the days I really need it, and it brings my skin back to life.
It also really helps with spots that can get flaky, and doesn't leave my skin any more oily than a regular moisturizer would.

SOHO Concealer Brush
I really did not expect to like this product..
I wasn't looking forward to receiving it, unless it was a crease brush. 
So of course, I received the concealer brush.
However, I'm glad I got it!
I don't normally use concealer brushes, because I prefer having the control I get with using my finger.
This brush has changed that.
It has a flat diagonal tip that makes applying concealer to blemishes a breeze, concealing them much better than my finger does.

Overall, I am really happy with this bag. I will use all of the products, but I think the only one I would repurchase is the Pacifica body butter. And maybe the argan oil.. And the concealer brush if I ever need to, because I really like the flat tip.

If you are subscribed to Ipsy's Glam Bag, tell me what you thought of this months products!
xoxo

Are you subscribed to any monthly beauty subscriptions?

No comments:

Post a Comment