Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Product Review, Positive & Negative, Rimmel London & Revlon

For a first review, I thought it would be best to include a product I like and a product I do not like. Both items were bought within this past week.
Let's start with Revlon..

 Revlon PhotoReady Sculpting Blush Palette - 002 Peach
I've grown to really love Revlon. For me they so rarely put out products I do not like.
 So, I was pretty let down when I tried this one out.
This product has such poor pigment. 
At first I thought I had a faulty one, until I looked at others' opinions on this as well.
The middle is the blush, the left is the highlight, the right is the bronzer.
I bought this figuring since it was Revlon it would be good.
Sadly, it has the quality of a cheap eyeshadow.
The highlight does not pick up or reflect light at all and the bronzer and blush just do not show up.
The only result from using these products is shimmer.
So today I will return this product and hopefully pick up something better.

Now Rimmel London!

Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation - 120 Ivory
Do you love a dewy finish like I do? Then you might like this.
For a long time, BB Cream was my go to product. I love receiving the compliment that my skin is glowing.
This foundation gives me that glow.
Blendable, light weight feel, and light to medium coverage.

 The only issue it could have, is that it is yellow based, and the shades run a little dark.
Since my skin is a mix of olive tones and pink tones, it works fantastic for me.  
(On my face better than my hand.)

However, for someone with a more pink skin tone, I do not think this would work for you. 
Also if you have oily skin, it might be too much. 
For me, setting it with powder where I get shiny was enough and it stayed all day. 
Plus, it has SPF 15.

Well.. You win some, you lose some! 
Something may work for you that doesn't work for someone else, and vice versa.
Hope my reviews helped you! Have a wonderful New Years day!
 xoxo

What is your favorite highlighter and contour? 


2 comments:

  1. the only revlon products that I enjoy using our their lip products! :) but that foundation looks great!

    Check out my blog at: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revlon's lip products are my favorite drugstore lip products! Great pigmentation :)

      Delete