Saturday, January 26, 2013

Winged Out Smokey Eye - Steps & Products


Even on the days I do not go out, I still enjoy putting on makeup and experimenting with different products.
Also, if I didn't use them they'd take me forever to go through!

To get this look, here are the steps I did.
1. NYX HD High Definition Eye Shadow Base - all over my eye area
2. Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Metal Eyeshadow: Barely Branded - apply all over lid, no higher than crease
3. L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow: Bronzed Taupe - with a crease brush, apply in crease and outer V of eye. 
In an upward diagnol swipe from outer corner of eye to end of brow, swipe off excess powder to create the straight line of shadow and wing shape
4. Milani Runway Eyes Fashion Shadows: Designer Browns - apply the top white shimmer shadow on center of lid
5. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil: Rust - line above top lashes, and below lower lashes on the outer half of eye
6. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner Blue Eyes: Black - line upper and lower waterline, wing out a little on upper waterline at outer corner to extend lash line
7. Khroma Stroke of Midnight Mascara - coat top and lower lashes
8. Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealer: Ivory - conceal dark circles
9. Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder: Light/Pale - set concealer
10. Revlon Brow Fantasy: Brunette - fill in brows
11. Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Mineral Bronzing Powder: Pure Shimmer - highlight brow bone and inner corner of eye

PRODUCTS I DO NOT RECOMMEND
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeliner: These come with three eyeliners that are nice, but not for the waterline, because they don't show up. I had to really work to get it to. Once they are on they're hard to get off too.
Khroma Stroke of Midnight Mascara: I liked this a little the first time I used it, but it really has a bad formula, too stiff of a wand, and there are just way better mascaras.

I don't know about you all, but I love experimenting with my products!
It helps me know what products create a great look together for when I go out and I don't have much time to think about it beforehand.
Hope you enjoyed this look!
xoxo

What's your favorite black eyeliner for your waterline? 

No comments:

Post a Comment