Monday, January 21, 2013

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter vs Maybelline Color Sensational Color Whisper : Sugar Plum & Made-It Mauve

There has been a lot of hype around the Revlon Lip Butters this year.
Youtube gurus rave about them, and they can be found in many "Best Beauty Products of 2012" lists.
Other drugstore brands have and are introducing new products to top the Lip Butters.
One brand in particular, Maybelline.
Maybelline has recently introduced their Color Sensational Color Whisper lipstick.


I have only purchased one of them after doing some color research to figure out which I'd like best.
Go figure it's practically the same color as my lip butter when applied.

Time to compare!
Revlon Lip Butter
Top: built application / Bottom: one application

Maybelline Color Whisper
Top: built application / Bottom: one application

Revlon Lip Butter / Maybelline Color Whisper
Size:
Revlon Lip Butter has a wider tube than Maybelline Color Whisper.
Maybelline Color Whisper is a little taller than Revlon Lip Butter.
Maybelline Color Whisper: 0.11oz
Revlon Lip Butter: 0.09oz

Top: Revlon Lip Butter / Bottom: Maybelline Color Whisper
Consistency:
Both go on smooth and feel the exact same on the lips.
Revlon Lip Butter is a little thicker.
Maybelline Color Whisper, ironically, goes on like butter, with a slicker feel.
Buildability:
Revlon Lip Butter is harder to build color. It can slide around and become uneven the more you apply.
Maybelline Color Whisper is easy to build color. It can be sheer or you can build it to be more opaque.
Moisturizing:
Both left my lips moisturized.
Lasting Power:
Both stay on the same amount of time, even when eating and drinking.
Color Range:
 Revlon Lip Butter 20 shades
Maybelline Color Whisper 20 shades
Price
(at Ulta)
Revlon Lip Butter $7.49
Maybelline Color Whisper $7.49

Both products are basically the same, other than their consistency and the buildability.

I still love my Revlon lip butters, 
but I might have to try a few more Maybelline Color Whispers.
xoxo

Have you tried the new Maybelline Color Whispers? 
Which do you prefer? 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love Revlon Lip Butters but I didn't know Maybelline had a similar product! I'm going to have to check them out. Great post.

    I'm following your blog, hope you check mine out. xx
    just-another-day1.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them both! They're almost the same, so Maybelline really stepped up their game for this product, in my opinion.
      xoxo

      Delete