Saturday, January 5, 2013

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, SPF 15 with Dermaxyl Complex Review

A good way to get me to buy something is when the word SALE is involved.

So of course when I opened my email from Sephora and saw "SALE ON SALE" I had no other choice but to check it out.
I ended up buying a 0.4oz size of Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, originally $17, on sale for $10, and then after the additional 20% off sale, $8.
That's about 53% off.. So I bought it.


To tell you all the truth, I rarely use a primer for my foundation. I feel it doesn't do much for me since my foundations stay on all day with out it and I'd prefer not to have that extra product on my face.
However, I bought it anyway to see if it would make a difference.
I think it does.



For this test/swatch I used my Revlon Colorstay 24hrs foundation for Combination/Oily skin.
The left is the foundation without the primer and the right side is with the primer.

With the primer, the foundation was better able to blend out and resulted in a much smoother application.
The primer does feel greasy at first, like most, but not once it sets into the skin.
Only a little amount of product is needed.

Revlon Colorstay foundation has a matte finish, and I think foundations with matte finishes are best to use with primers of this texture.
As far as lasting power, I do not know if it helps the foundation last longer, since my foundation already lasts all day by itself.
Also, for those like me, with combination skin, I do not think this changed the oiliness of my t-zone. It didn't make it less oily or more oily either. 

SPF 15- The UV reflective ingredients are of course the last ingredients, so I would not rely on this primer alone as protection.
Dermaxyl Complex - I have not been using this long enough to know if this has any anti-aging results.

I actually really like this product.
If you try or have tried it, let me know how it worked for you!
xoxo

Do you prime your face before applying foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment