Monday, February 18, 2013

Fashion Haul - Spring Clothes & Books ♥

With all of the spring clothing coming out, it is so hard not to be excited for the next season!
I've always been a lover of fall and winter, when I get to layer and wear cozy clothing.
I'm not sure why, but since around January I've been craving spring.
The brights, the pastels, the shorts, the sandals and peep toes..
Eating outside with the sun kissing my face, smelling the warm fresh air, and just enjoying the outside.
Spring fashion has hooked me and reeled me in.





All of the clothes are from Forever21.
I absolutely adore that store. Completely affordable and always trendy.



If I could only wear dresses for the rest of my life, I would be perfectly content with that.
Especially during the warmer seasons, dresses are so essential in my wardrobe.
I actually do not have enough, so Forever21 is perfect for buying basic dresses.
It is also extremely comfortable and the waste line hits my waste perfectly.



For some odd reason this shirt comes out baby blue in pictures, but it is really a bright mint green.
What really drew me to this shirt was the metal tip collar.
It has a loose fit and ties in the front.



Love at first sight.
These shorts match a jacket in my closet so perfectly that I just could not allow myself to pass them up.
They're high waisted and tweed and absolutely adorable.
They're a little sheer, so I'll have to be careful with that.



A basic that everyone should own. A white short sleeve tee shirt.
Dress it up with a bold / statement necklace or just wear it around the house.


The only downfall to these purchases is that the dress, the blouse, and the shorts are 95-100% polyester.
A bad material to wear in warm weather since it doesn't "breathe", meaning it traps all of your body heat in, but an affordable material to use, sell, and buy.
I'll be wearing those items on more breezy days. 
The tee shirt, however, is 96% rayon and 4% elastane, so it's perfect for warm weather.




I bought these beauties at Barnes & Noble.



I'm a book type of a girl.
I don't want technology to take away my hardcovers or paperbacks.
I like to be able to turn the pages and admire the work put into creating it.
I also enjoy seeing my collection grow and showing off their beautiful covers and spines on coffee tables and shelves.

This purchase revolved around fashion.

The Teen Vogue Hand Book - "An Insider's Guide to Careers in Fashion"
First of all, Vogue is my bible. Teen Vogue comes right after that. I trust them both.
A guide to careers in fashion is just too perfect to pass up.
It was also a New York Times bestseller. No surprise there.

The Little Dictionary of Fashion by Christian Dior
"A guide to dress sense for every woman."
Perfection.
A little book, not of definitions, but little summaries of history and helpful information about certain aspects of fashion.
A to Z

The Fashion Book 
"...an A-Z guide to 500 clothes and accessory designers, photographers, models and those iconic individuals who instigated or symbolize a whole fashion movement."
This is the mini edition, because the big size was unavailable. 
However, I think this size is nicer. I can easily put it in my bag to read at lunch or whenever else.


Spring is coming nearer and now I have new clothes and books to welcome it.
xoxo

 Are you excited for spring?!

No comments:

Post a Comment