Saturday, February 23, 2013

Favorite Nude Lipstick - L'Oreal Colour Riche Fairest Nude

When I hear nude lips, I flash back to when I used to use concealer or foundation..
Very unpleasant.

If you're someone who has a hard time figuring out what nude lipstick to buy that wont make you look dead, washed out, or crazy, I understand your dilemma.

Nude is not one specific color.
Saying "nude" lipstick is like saying a "naked" foundation; they're supposed to look natural.
Basically, they're supposed to look like your real lips or skin, but better.

When looking for a nude lipstick, look for a color that matches your lips as closely as possible.
I recommend getting either one or two shades lighter or darker, or hopefully a perfect match.
It takes time to find a great nude color, but it's possible!

 If you have the same color lips as I do, this lipstick might be for you.
L'Oreal Colour Riche - Fairest Nude
I have fair skin in winter, but my lip color stays relatively the same even when I get dark in the summer.
This is currently the only "nude" lipstick I have, because it's the only one that fits me almost perfectly.





 
I love the packaging of these lipsticks. They look expensive, but aren't too bad in price.
They're also not too bulky and they're sturdy and secure, so they wont be opening in your makeup bag by themselves.
 Fairest Nude is a little darker than my natural lip color. It's more of a mauve pink, but it is still such a close match, and that's why it's a nude.
It has neutral undertones, but I'd say it leans a little more on the warm side.

It has a creamy texture and applies smoothly and evenly.
It has a matte finish, but doesn't make my lips feel or look dry.
It stays put, does not bleed outside my lips, and stays on for hours even through eating and drinking.
It does have an odd scent, that kind of reminds me of crayons, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Average price: $7.99

As always, even though I love this lipstick, I will continue to search for one to top it.
Until then, I will be using this baby until it's all gone.
xoxo
What's your favorite nude lipstick?

No comments:

Post a Comment