Monday, February 4, 2013

Winter Favorites! ❅ Beauty

Our skin has needs during these cold seasons.
Our hair does as well.
They also have wants..
That's where my favorite winter beauty products come in!

Let's start with..
Hair!
 I have been using this conditioner since September and it has drastically decreased my frizz, by about 80%.
My hair used to be so hard to manage, and if I let it air dry you'd think I'd been struck by lightning.
Using leave-in conditioners kind of helped that, but nothing compares to this product.
I can brush my hair even when it's curly and it comes out silky smooth.
It sleeks down my hair, leaves it feeling soft and healthy, and I cannot shower without it.
Great for dry winter hair.
L'Oreal Eversleek Sulfate Free Reparative Smoothing Conditioner: Silicone Free, 48HR Frizz Control

Skin!
 I cannot go without a breakout clearing facial wash..
I do not have horrible skin, but I am prone to breakouts. I currently have three little guys that will not go away, but they have noticeably decreased with the use of this wash.
Truth is, I have been a little lazy with washing my face, but using this everyday used to keep my skin 99% clear.
So, I should probably do that again..
Regardless, this face wash is great! It does have salicylic acid, so it tingles a little bit and probably doesn't help dry skin, but it works great for helping my breakouts.
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash: pink grapefruit cream cleanser
Winter is not kind on the skin.
It's dry outside and my skin gets dry and dead looking, especially because I get very pale.
To bring life back to it and keep it moisturized, I use this night cream.
It feels like petroleum jelly, or Vaseline, and it is very thick.
I put it on after I take my makeup off, when I'm staying in for the rest of the night.
It helps dry patches and it works for anywhere on your body.
Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream

Face!
 Although I am a dewy finish kind of girl, this has been my favorite foundation this winter.
It has more of a matte finish, without making your skin look flat or dry.
It blends nicely, sets really quickly, so be sure to blend everything, and has nice coverage.
I prefer to use my fingers to apply this, but a brush or sponge works as well.
What I love is that it has options for Normal/Dry skin, Combination/Oily skin, and has many color options.
It does not make me look oily and it does not accentuate some dry patches either.
Revlon Colorstay Makeup Combination/Oily Skin: 240 Medium Beige
I have fairly dark circles under my eyes.
I'm not sure if it is this concealer, or the eye cream I've been using, but they have noticeably decreased.
Either way, this concealer does a fantastic job at covering them up.
Usually under eye concealers make my eye area look dry and they just do not cover as much as they should.
This concealer does not make my eye area look dry, or cakey, and it almost completely hides my circles.
During the winter my dark circles are especially apparent, so this is definitely a holy grail product for me.
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer: Neutralizer
Since my winter foundation is usually matte, and my skin is fairly pale, a little color on my cheeks is really needed.
This blush stands out the most to me compared to all my others.
It is a gorgeous deep pink rosy color with golden shimmer throughout it, which sadly does not show up on those pictures as much as in person.
All you need is a little dusting of it on the cheeks and it can work as a blush and highlight in one.
Nars Blush: Oasis
I have never been so impressed with a drugstore product..
The pigmentation and consistency and effect of this product is just fantastic.
During the winter, I cannot go without a highlighter. Having glowing skin is just necessary to me.
It reflects light, but doesn't make you look like a disco ball, and just adds a nice glow.
Prestige Skin Loving Minerals sunbaked Mineral Bronzing Powder: Pure Shimmer

Eyes!
  I am not a huge eyeshadow fan. I do not go out everyday with colorful lids or smokey dramatic eyes.
I do love a little subtle smoke though or a little bit of color above my lashline.
I only recently got this, but it is just such a gorgeous color for winter.
It has the same finish as a Maybelline Color Tattoo shadow and it goes on smoothly, so you wont be pulling on your skin.
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil: Rust
 Since I'm not a huge eyeshadow girl, my eyelashes are usually the "main attraction".
I usually only apply one coat of this mascara and I still achieve a gorgeous application.
No clumps, no spider lashes, no flakes.
It is a really wet formula, so it can be a little messy, but the result after the application is just fantastic.
My lashes are long and more full when I wear this mascara.
Benefit They're Real! Mascara

Lips!

 I love my Revlon lip products.
During the cold seasons, I opt for more dark colors and this color is my absolute favorite.
It is a pretty shade of burgundy, more on the red/pink side, and has gold micro shimmer.
It is nicely pigmented, so it can be worn by itself (middle), and looks even more pretty when over a lipstick(right).
It does not last very long though, so that is the only down side, but it also does not stain my lips, which is a plus.
Revlon Colorburst lip gloss: Bordeaux
I have grown a reliance on lip balm, and I cannot go anywhere without it.
This lip balm has quickly become my favorite.
My lips are especially dry in the winter, and this lip balm makes them so soft and juicy looking.
It feels slick, but looks really nice on the lips.
The name is pretty accurate, because it gives you that healthy, plump, soft look that I guess a baby's lips have!
Maybelline New York Baby Lips lip balm: Quenched

Nails!
 I received this oil in my Ipsy January Glam Bag and I really like it.
During the winter even my nails and cuticles need moisture.
Other oils, specifically for nails, can be sticky and I don't really see any difference in my nails after using them.
Whenever I apply this oil to my nails and cuticles, I can see it actually absorbing, not just sitting on top like some products do.
You know when your hands are wet and your nails are somewhat transparent? That's what I see when I use this.
That means that my nails are actually absorbing the oil.
So I use this before painting my nails, because it absorbs right into them and doesn't leave any residue.
Josie Maran Argan Oil
I love my dark, vampy colors for these cold seasons.
Dark, vampy nails are my favorite, especially dark purples and reds.
 As much as I would love to switch things up and use other nail polishes, I find myself going back to these two colors.
My base and top coat keeps them shiny and prevents them from staining my nails.
These nail polishes stay on for days and sometimes a full week without chipping.
OPI Nail Lacquer: Every Month is Oktoberfest, Royal Rajah Ruby
Rimmel London Base Coat Top Coat PRO

Perfume!
  I'm a sucker for deep, rich scents.. I am horrible, however, at describing them.
"A surprising blend of fresh green oriental woody scents with sweet and spicy notes"
It has a very strong, powerful scent to it, that definitely has those sweet and spicy, woodsy notes.
I've tried a lot of perfume samples, I have more than anyone should ever have, and I always go back to this one.
It's my everyday scent for fall and winter.
Love love love!
Burberry Brit

I hope you enjoyed my favorite winter beauty products!
xoxo

What are some of your favorite winter beauty products?

No comments:

Post a Comment