Friday, February 8, 2013

Goodbye Blemishes! - Almay Clear Complexion Concealer

I'm not sure what has been going on recently, but I've been breaking out like crazy!
Ok, maybe not crazy, but way too much compared to my usual.
Some have been under the skin blemishes that take a week or even two to go away.
Others are real tiny, usually around the center of my face next to the bridge of my nose.

I use a breakout clearing face wash, which definitely helps, but by itself it just wasn't working fast enough this time.
I tried to get rid of them the old fashioned way, popping, which only damaged the skin around them.
I even tried a honey face mask. Not sure if that did anything.

I needed something different.. Something better.
I had heard about a blemish clearing concealer before, I forget where, and I thought it was a great idea.
So I did a little research and came across good reviews about the Almay Clear Complexion Concealer with BlemisHeal Technology.
I went out and got it as soon as I could.

By the way, it's snowing! It's actually a blizzard, but it wasn't as bad out when I took this picture.

I am SO glad I bought this.
My blemishes have decreased completely
They're basically gone except for some typical, temporary scarring. 

This concealer has become my new best friend.
I only use it on blemishes.
This concealer contains salicylic acid and will probably dry out any other place you apply it.
I only use it on blemishes that need it, not the blemishes that are gone for the most part and now only healing.
It does a pretty good/average job at covering them up as well.

A possible drawback for this product, which is to be expected due to the active ingredient in it, is that it can be drying to the skin, but that is the point of it.
It is meant to dry the blemishes so that they go away.
A real drawback, however, is that this concealer only offers two shades: Light & Light/Medium
Ulta sells an online exclusive color in Medium.
So the shade range for this.. is pretty disappointing.

Overall though, I am very happy with this product, and will definitely be repurchasing this whenever it runs out.
With 0.18 fl. oz., I don't think that will be anytime soon.
xoxo

Did you see that little paw print in the snow up there?
It's Levi's little paw print!
He just cannot get enough of this weather and will not stop playing in the snow!
Crazy, wet hair doesn't seem to bother him all that much I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment