Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Blues? Forget It, Love Yourself


Valentine's Day

It can be a happy day or a low day.
Or, it could be just another day.
I personally prefer to make it a happy day, as with every other day as well.

With people around me getting flowers, chocolates, and stuffed animals I can easily let it be a low day, and I have in the past.
However, I've grown to have a different look on this day.
Since Valentine's Day is a day to set things aside for the moment and just show love to your romantic partner, I look at it as a day to show a little love to myself.

Whether it is giving myself a break from work and just relaxing for a little bit..
Or making myself a giant bowl of ice cream to eat while reading my magazines..
Or pampering myself with homemade facials and giving myself the spa treatment..
Or ordering a little something to eat that I normally wouldn't allow myself to. 
It can be anything, even just a nice relaxing bath or shower.
The point is to "spoil" yourself a little. 
Show yourself some love. 

So take off your makeup, get into your coziest clothes, curl up with a blanket, pillow, or stuffed animal, turn on your favorite movies, shows, or music and enjoy yourself!


Take a relaxing bubble bath with: 
Milk & Honey - 1 to 2 cups whole milk, 1/2 cup honey - pour under running warm water as bath fills
Herbal - sage, rosemary, or chamomile tea - brew 1-2 cups strong tea and add to bath

Homemade facial for a healthy glow:
Banana, Honey, Orange Juice - 1/2 a banana, 1 tbsp orange juice, 1 tbsp honey - 15min - rinse & moisturize

Shower exfoliation:
Oatmeal, Honey, Milk - 2 tbsp oatmeal finely ground, 2 tsp milk, 2 tbsp honey - massage and wash off


People get too caught up in believing Valentine's Day is solely for people in relationships.
Forget that.
You can show love to your friends, your family, your pets, yourself..
It doesn't matter.
What matters is being happy.

I spoiled myself today with some movies, Cosmo magazines, ice cream, cupcakes, chocolates, and a buffalo chicken slice of pizza for dinner. 
I'll work it off tomorrow~
xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment