Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Tinted Moisturizer - Review

As much as I love trying out foundations to see which ones give a flawless and beautiful finish,
I'm not too content with having all of those chemicals on my skin all day everyday, and I don't feel my skin needs to be covered since my complexion is fairly clear.
So, I set out to find myself something sheer and healthy for my skin.
I ended up finding a 100% organic tinted moisturizer by Physicians Formula.
Organic? Sounds good so far!





  • 100% free of harsh chemicals
  • 100% free of synthetic preservatives
  • 100% free of parabens
  • 100% free of Genetically Modified Organisms
  • 100% Free of synthetic colors and fragrances
  • 100% cruelty free



  •  First Impression
     The packaging of this is cute, very "organic" looking, but I would have preferred it not to be a tube.
    After opening it, I was definitely taken back. 
    It has an extremely strong scent in the tube, which thankfully goes away on the skin after a minute.
    Others have said it smells like strong lavender, but it reminds me of a pine tree.. Not exactly sure how that works out.

    Formula
     This formula is more on the thin side.
    It feels a little strange when first applied since it sets on the skin quickly, but it still blends easily.
    Since it does set rather quickly, I recommend just using your fingers or a sponge, not a brush.
    As a moisturizer it works fine, but I prefer to put another moisturizer on first before I use this one.

    Results
    This evens out my skin tone, but doesn't conceal much, so I usually use concealer to hide dark circles, dark spots, and redness on top of it.
    It does not get blotchy and it typically wears for the whole day.
    It makes my skin feel smooth and soft, and doesn't make me more oily throughout the day.
    It also hasn't made my skin break out either!

    Options
    Shades: Fair to Light, Light to Natural, Natural to Tan
    I use the Light to Natural shade and it works fine since it is so sheer and has only a little tint of color.
    Typical Price: $10.99 / $11.99


    I'm all for organic makeup, as long as the quality is there.
    I only wish this product had a little bit more coverage and made my skin have more of a glow.
    For now, this is part of my every day makeup routine.
    xoxo

    Do you think it's better to buy organic cosmetics?

    2 comments:

    1. wow! i love your pictures.. i feel better buying organic cosmetics but it's so hard 99% of the time! great review :)

      My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!
        I know, finding good products that are also good for you can be difficult. Physicians Formula has a few organic products that I'll have to check out as well.
        xo

        Delete